Welcome to the League of Northern Colorado Quilters web site.
LNCQ General Meeting October 6, 2014
Harmony Presbyterian Church
400 E. Boardwalk, Fort Collins
Social: 6:30PM; Meeting: 7:00PM
Guest Speaker: Juliet Madsen, US Army, Retired
From Quilts of Valor Recipient to Quilter
Artist, Quilter, Wife, Mother, Paramedic, Combat Veteran... Juliet quilts to relieve stress, to work through the memories of her experiences in Iraq where she was injured and her life changed forever. Where some people would have given up Juliet has turned her injuries into a new chapter and into new quilts. Come visit with Juliet and listen to her tell her story about her quilts, the art that they have become, and the journey that these quilts have taken. Please visit Juliet's web site at www.strokeofluckquilting.com. Juliet is unable to present a class for us at this time.
Susan Torntore, PhD-our August guest speaker- has agreed to present her class on Tuesday, October 7, 2014. Susan will present The Care and Preservation of Antique Quilts in Your Home.
Tuesday, October 7, 9 am – 1 pm (4 hours)
$30 per person ($35 NON-MEMBERS), maximum of 20 people/minimum of 10
Postmarked by Wed. Oct. 1 and mailed to
Eileen Maelzer, 4568 Creekwood Dr., Loveland, CO 80538
$10 per person due to the instructor on the day of the class (includes handouts, sample packet of archival materials, and supplies for the three hands-on samples made in class).
SUPPLIES/MATERIALS LIST TO BRING TO THE WORKSHOP:
- 3 quilt squares, no larger than 12” square, to use as samples for display, repair, and support techniques (you may use vintage or antique squares if you want, but you will be sewing onto them to create examples of hanging and repair techniques, so consider value)
- Needles, threads to match major colors in your squares (light weight quilting threads or cotton-covered poly threads), small scissors, pins, thimble, stiletto or sewing awl if you have one (I will bring a couple if you don’t)
- One or two antique or special quilts to analyze for damage and care concepts as real examples in the class and making recommendations at the end of the workshop.
Check out our new Show & Tell video!
Upcoming LNCQ Events
October 18, 2014 - 9:00am - 2:00pm Sew Day at The Ranch
December 1, 2014: TBA
What's happening in our community
- Sept. 26-27: Quilt-A-Fair Boulder County Fairgrounds-Longmont. Friday & Sat. 9am – 5pm. $5 Admission http://0383ee6.netsolhost.com/wordpress1/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/QAF-2014-flyer.pdf
- Nov 17 – 21: Wanted: Quilters who would like to participate in making a 'patriotic' quilt that will be sold during “Veterans Speak”, a two week salute to veterans. If you would like to participate or might know someone who could help, contact Michele at email@example.com. Handweavers Guild of Boulder will celebrate its 50th anniversary soon. There will be several events, including a juried show in Boulder in December. All past and current HBG members are invited to enter. Information and entry form is at http://www.handweaversofboulderentry.org. Applications are online and easy to use. Questions-Contact Judith Trager at firstname.lastname@example.org or Louise Bradley, 720 562 8194 or email@example.com.
- Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum The museum was recently listed in the top 10 quilt destinations by USA Today. Visit http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/10greatplaces/2014/04/10/quilt-museum-fiber-arts-textile/7545963/ for the article. Since its right in our backyards, check it out sometime. Exhibits change every 3 months so go often!
Thank you for checking us out! We enjoy seeing old friends, and meeting new ones, almost as much as we enjoy quilting.This site is best viewed using current browser versions. Click the following for easy browser updates: Firefox Safari Opera Internet Explorer.